Thursday 31 October 2013

lampost design

one of the important elements to the environment are the lampposts as these will be a prominent feature in this set. so to help me get an idea of different styles and shapes of current lampposts.

After doing this research I now have decided that I simpler approach would be better as although the lampposts will be a prominent part of the set they need to blend in and not draw too much attention to themselves and draw any attention away from the rest of the action of the scene. therefore I think that a simpler idea would be better. I have created some blueprints that reflect the simpler idea that I think will be more effective.


This is also the initial design that was given to me by ben:
Blueprints:
 
From this design, I then did my initial models for the lamppost.
 







I think that this design works really well as it has an iconic 50's design but also has a simple, clean cut look that also fits to the 2d look and design of the film in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment