Monday 21 October 2013

Storyboarding - Dynamite Gag:

This is my storyboard for the first gag when our two characters try to blow open the bank vault door with some dynamite.




 
I felt that an establishing shot of the bank vault door with the wire connected and all of the dynamite piled up outside the door will need slightly more screen time than I originally thought as it needs to be made clear to the audience what the first initial set up for the first gag is something quite typical of a bank robbery scene.
The two main problems that I have come across whist creating these storyboards is that although the first few boards of this scene are important and time needs to be spent on them, the shots also cannot last too long as I fear that the audiences watching might get bored and that might take something away from the comedy element to this gag later on. Therefore we will need to find the exact amount of time that should be spent on this shot. I think that the best way to resolve this would be to act out the scene and time the gag. Then we will be able to work out exactly how much time will need to be spent on particular sections of the gag.
The other problem that has come to light is how to possibly show the shot where the dynamite is on the floor in a quicker and more dynamic way. To resolve this I have decided to do some more storyboarding to try to find a different way to illustrate this.
Overall, I am pleased with the main sections of this storyboard as I feel that the shots will be fairly snappy and that the gag will be both effective and funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment