Thursday 31 October 2013

Tommy Gun Design:

One of the most important props to both of the characters, considering that they are criminals, is a gun. with this in mind I did some research into tommy guns and the most important defining sections that are needed to make it a recognisable weapon.


Doing this research really helped me to understand how a guns of this type is built an what sections of the gun are more important, therefore will need more detail added to them.

with the research I have done and this initial sketch that be did of how he would like the gun to look in mind. I then went on to create a initial model of my own tommy gun.











 
 
overall, I am really pleased with this design as I feel that it is a very strong representation of the very particular style that a tommy gun has.
although the general style and look of the gun is good. we have decided that it looked too realistic and was not stylised enough to fit with the rest of the general theme of the film. therefore, I have decided to simplify the design down.
 
instead of creating another model in maya straight away I have decided to create blueprints of what I would like the gun to look like.

I am much happier with this design as I feel it fits to the style of the rest of the film more effectively.





I now think that this model and design is an improvement on the first design and I think that it will fit it much better with the design and look of the rest of the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment